Tuesday, October 26, 2010



Teacup Tuesday came upon me so fast this week and am rushing to post in the midst of halloween preparations and decorations, an altar for my mother and my son for the day of the dead celebration, runs to the fabric store to buy some batting and cooking for the loved ones, and getting my absentee ballot filled out and mailed before election day.  i call it excitement.
for this week i have chosen the daintiest of teacups made of the thinnest and most fragile porcelian and handpainted in japan.  isn't it the most beautiful teacup?  i love the detail of the blue on the rim of the cup and saucer.




speaking of teacups, i have noticed so many takes on teacups and hadn't realize what a popular theme they are until participating in these gatherings.  here are a few things i have found lately on teacups and tea.






i have my heart set on this set

in the meantime i leave you with a photo of my latest stitching.

 so much to do, so little time. hope this finds you all well and happy and sharing with family and friends.

7 comments:

Bookie said...

Very interesting pictures here today. The blue cup and saucer are so delicate looking...the crocheted tea and scaucer, I had one when I was a child! I have no idea where it went. Enjoyed seeing your things today....

parTea lady said...

Your handpainted teacup is very pretty and delicate. I enjoyed seeing all your photos of different teacups and your lastest stitching project is beautiful.

PCovi said...

you keep ME coming back :)
all pretty pictures!!! I love that teacup in the rain! and ohhhh your pillow, so cute!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I love your dainty tea cup. It is so beautiful. Your photos are so good. I wish I could take better pictures. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

raquel said...

me encanto el proyecto con telas , bueno las fotos son fabulosas saluditos

Terri said...

First of all....your pincushion is really lovely.
Secondly, your tea cup is exquisite!
I love how fine and dainty it is, and the colors and designs are so beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

maría cecilia said...

gracias por tu llamado mi querida amigui!!!! Aquí estoy, parece un siglo desde la última vez que fue sólo hace unos días!!!
Me diste una hermosa idea... un altar para mis seres queridos que ya no están, que lindo!!! voy ahora mismo a prepararlo!!!
cosita más linda esa tacitaaaaaaa...
abrazos de hipopòtamo