Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Sundays-One of my favorite songs


Here's Where The Story Ends

People I know, places I go, make me feel tongue-tied. I can see how people look down, they're on the inside. Here's where the story ends.People I see, weary of me showing my good side. I can see how people look down, I'm on the outside. Here's where the story ends, ooh, here's where the story ends. It's that little souvenir of a terrible year which makes my eyes feel sore.Oh, I never should have said, the books that you read were all I loved you for.It's that little souvenir of a terrible year which makes me wonder whyand it's the memories of your shed that make me turn red, surprise, surprise, surprise. Crazy I know, places I go make me feel so tired.I can see how people look down, I'm on the outside.Oh, here's where the story ends. Ooh, here's where the story ends.It's that little souvenir of a terrible year which makes my eyes feel soreand who ever would've thought the books that you brought were all I loved you for.Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed, I know where I belongbut the only thing I ever really wanted to say was wrong, was wrong, was wrong. It's that little souvenir of a colorful year which makes me smile inside so I cynically, cynically say, the world is that way, surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise. Here's where the story ends, ooh, here's where the story ends.

1 comment:

chad-roscoe said...

this has long been one of my favorite songs. i love that album, and i don't know whatever happened to the Sundays and her mournful little voice.
xx~
Di