Friday, February 22, 2008

On a Roll


I have had so much fun working with the new techniques I discovered through a tutorial on UTube on how to make handmade visual journals. At last, I can layer my papers and paints and give the surface depth and make them a lot more mysterious. However long they take to make, I feel the technique takes me in directions into my inner self and the page sort of cahnges and changes until I feel it is at it's best. I think this is more of an artistic exploration, a free painting like free writing, an avenue into the subconscious. I love to see the colors and textures that emanate from the paper.

Finding the right pens to write with has been hard since most of them smear when gel is applied, so need to do some further reading on that.
A whole new world is opening up to me.

No comments: