Friday, October 14, 2011

gees bend revisited

 back to english for an a explanation
of my latest embroidery in progress.
i have long been and admirer of the gees bend
quilts and have several books about them.
since i can't own one, i decided i would make my own (sort of) but embroidered.
and here are the results of the work in progress.  i have stitched for almost a month now, at intervals, since i always have several projects going simultaneously.
 i added this square in the centre after submitting some feathers to jude hill's magic feather project.
isn't this a contrast with my home decor?
although my living room and dining room are a little whimsier and funky than the kitchen and bedrooms which always draw from my growing up in england.
hope you enjoy
 one of my favorite gees bend quilts
gees bend, alabama back in 1937
while i'm at it, why not share my favorites from this week's flickr
and a bird inspiration piece

as well as another brilliant quilter
harriet powers

4 comments:

Alice said...

Estoy con la boca abierta... maravilloso, tus bordados y lo demás que muestras... estoy asombrada, impresionada, maravillada, admirada y alucinada.... guau!!!!
( dejo el mouse y voy por agujas!!!)

Jacky said...

So much work in that stitching...but oh so worth it! This is beautiful and I love the addition of the feathers.
Wonderful post (as I love the gee bend quilts too).

Jacky xox

Laura Galán said...

Como siempre una auténtica preciosidad.
Me encantan tus trabajos ;O)

Feliz finde!!

Muuuack
http://durabilite.blogspot.com/

marcela cavaglieri said...

No conocía éstas quilts, Connie. Great inspiration and great work!!