Saturday, September 19, 2009

I have forgiven my sewing machine for having hurt my index finger two days ago and have been working away for things to sell or display at the annual street fair in Thousand Oaks where my friends Veronica and Bernardita will be showing this year with me. Three different artists with three different hand mades: Veronica takes Eco Photographs, Bernardita knits and crochets & I sew and alter things so it should be a good mix. So much goes into the preparation of a one day show. I have done it once before and it is much harder than it looks.

Here is a machine sewn Country Kitchen recipe book cover I put together with a vintage crosstitched rose as the centerpiece, vintage button and vintage fabrics as well as machine embroidery and embellishments with old button and ceramic charm. I love how it turned out.


5 comments:

Art4Sol said...

Yes, it turned out very beautifully...someone will snatch it up right away!

Jo Archer said...

These are sooo pretty!

Gina M Smith said...

Have you been sending anything to Belle Armoire? You should!

PeregrineBlue said...

Gina: I have thought of sending a submission to Cloth, Paper, Scissors but have mixed feelings about these magazines; I'll explain personally. Maybe I should, just to get a little exposure. Thank you Gina, Jo and Art4Sol

chad-roscoe said...

When is the fair? I want to go!
xo~
Dianne