Sunday, July 6, 2008

My latest Trio of Trees








Between going to the swimming pool and uploading tons of family photos to Facebook for the family scattered around the world, my hands return to needle and thread.


The past two weeks have been fabric inspired again. I have opted to trade them rather than selling them since fabric ATCs don't seem to have the broad appeal paper ATCs have. In the process I have met some awesome online friends in Finland, England and Brazil.

The week has been an explosion of passion. What with talking to Jorge at midnight and sipping brandy over Chopin while talking to Armando, calling Anita on Skype and talking for over an hour and a half and finding Mario and Mairene and Lucy and Yoly, my head has been spinning with memories.

I want to go to Chile again. This time on a real vacation. The last trip was all responsibility with the occasional fun at night. I want to go for a long walk and eat raspberry ice cream cones with my hairy-chested friend, go swimming in the river naked with Anita, drink tons of Pisco Sours and get really tipsy and talk silly.

I want to put Chaos........
into chaos within chaos
Am I going crazy on a whim?

To be continued.....




I will put Chaos into fourteen lines


And keep him there; and let him thence escape


If he be lucky; let him twist, and ape


Flood, fire, and demon --- his adroit designs


Will strain to nothing in the strict confines


Of this sweet order, where, in pious rape,


I hold his essence and amorphous shape,


Till he with Order mingles and combines.


Past are the hours, the years of our duress,


His arrogance, our awful servitude:


I have him. He is nothing more nor less


Than something simple not yet understood;


I shall not even force him to confess;


Or answer. I will only make him good.
Edna St. Vincent Millay

No comments: