Saturday, July 11, 2015

Baja California


guess where life brought me? after much debating over my future financial situation, i decided on baja california so i could be close to my children who live in california. it was either go home to chile where i loathe the cold winters and smoggy santiago, or the southern tip of the world in chiles patagonia where i have a piece of land but no built house yet. i remembered spending many holidays in baja when my children were small and recalled how i loved it. 

so here i am, tigo by my side, 
the whole gang came with me to get me settled in and say their goodbyes and celebrate jon's birthday.





we found this amazing restaurant in "puerto nuevo" , four stories of exquisite decirating

so it's pretty clear with my aesthetic tastes that i couldn't have been more right about my choice of moving here.
i rented a small, narrow, tri-level townhouse overlooking the ocean in "brisas del mar" for a third of what it would cost me in the usa or chile.
view from the terrace
bits of the streets in san antonio del mar

i have always loved mexico! my trips to oaxaca left a deep mark in my heart of hearts. i plan on going again for dia de los muertos come october.
so i know i will find so much to fill me up here and my puppykins loves the beach life.
the sunsets are out of this world
a roadtrip down the road yesterday took me back to "la misión" where i visited my friends pedro and carmen who have a house worthy of the mediterranean. i wasblown  away with their view.
me, looking down on that view
i spend more time outdoors than in, taking time to acquaint myself with the periphery.
i brought very few things with me; most was left in a pod since the houses here are rented furnished. i only brought my essentials: art supplies, books, and a few collectibles.
i am slow in unpacking since the weather has been so splendid and i needed the time to rest and grieve and embrace what richard has granted. 
i've begun little by little though. 

to make this place my own
making use of the vivid colors already here



picking wild flowers
and, overall, starting to get inspired for embroidering. 
thank you my love, for making all this possible. i carry you in my heart and by my side. two months without you but surrounded by beauty and graces showering down from wherever you are.

2 comments:

marcela cavaglieri said...

Como te dije en FB, tu nesting stage it's just adorable, Connie. Baja es muy linda,tenemos hermosos recuerdos allí, además de un lote sobre el que algún día construiremos...o no!! Who knows!!! Life is full of surprises, enjoy this trip, my friend!

kathyd said...

glad to see you are settled . take time for yourself .
you are the most important person right now .
lots of love to you .
kathyd