Friday, January 23, 2015

little steps


my man has been weak: sleeping a lot, eating little and overall being a champ about it. but I'm worried, out of sorts. then there's my other little champ who balances things out but also demands a lot of my time 
although I shouldn't say demands but requires.so what I really mean is i've been short of creative time, mainly centered on nights when things have calmed down.

yet for my stability, or should I say sanity, I sneak a little creative time into my days.
faces were haunting me a bit after 100 of them so decided to paint a few vessels instead. it has brought me back to folk art, which is where a large part of my art resides.
but....those faces and female portraits still call to me
bringing out a questioning relationship to the FEMALE. south so that a friend challenged me to paint or draw a male. I find them uninteresting but managed a replica of Renoir's self portrait.
after watching a movie about his later years on Netflix. 
so many moments take up a day. and I for one believe in that wonderful line "the pursuit of happiness".  and in that pursuit to grasp what matters and make a difference somehow
when the difference is really happening to us as reflected in these glimpses into significant others at the LA Art show. we are always feeding ourselves from others then bouncing back albeit amateurishly!

I feel vulnerable, sensitive, living tiny sensory moments
almost instinctively
quenching my thirst
bit by bit in black and white
then
maddeningly
then 
hopefully through my brother's dream
then, somehow centered
faith filled within the chaos and the madness
filling my world with life and color

taking respite walks
trusting
in that colossal female instinct
and the fact, that we are all a gift to each other!

1 comment:

audrey said...

How true that we are all a gift to each other. What a beautiful work of art and such meaningful words. You inspire me, Constanza. A lovely post.